It's best to make this recipe on a stressful, busy day, such as Christmas Eve when it was created. It's compliant with my special diet (GAPS or SCD).
1. Make a pie crust out of almond flour.
2. Burn it (even though you were following the directions EXACTLY).
4. Make another pie crust.
5. Cook for half the time the recipe says so it comes out perfect.
6. Put the pumpkin pie filling in the perfect pie crust and put back in the oven (EXACTLY like the recipe says) until the pumpkin is cooked and the crust burns to a blackened crisp.
8. Make yet ANOTHER pie crust. (Refer to Step 5.)
9. When pie crust is cooled, spoon the pumpkin pie filling from the burned pie into the perfect crust.
10. Let your toddler play with the burned pie crusts while you trash them. (Optional)
11. Eat the underwhelming results.