My Little Rock Star Sings "Crying Wightning"



This kid picks up lyrics so fast it's scary.  Recently he wanted me to sing along with him to a Regina Spektor song but I didn't know the lyrics, even though we'd heard it the same amount of times.  I had to immediately stop listening to the OutKast's Speakboxxx/The Love Below that I checked out at the library or I knew I would hear his sweet little voice chiming in from the backseat, "When arrows don't penetrate, cupid grabs the pistol."

For die-hard Sir Silas fans, here he explains his favorite part in the Arctic Monkey's video for "Crying Lightning."

5 comments:

  1. I think we need to start a cover band with our kids. eloise and oliver know lyrics after one hearing. you guys are way cooler than we are though. It's all musical theater and primary songs here. Will you still let us sit at the back of the bus with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to go to YouTube to see what that band/song is. Silas is way more cultured than me! And cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe my hipster music days are over now that my four year old memorizes lyrics before I even get a chance to determine if they are up to "church standards" or not. We could use some musical theater around here anyway - it would be more educational. Let's get on the bus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! A superstar!!! A musical genius! Can't wait for his first concert. (And I am totally objective, nothing to do with the fact that I am his old great aunt!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking maybe Si could be the elusive male performer I need for my performance. He's clearly got the skillz.

    ReplyDelete